A nice golden baked vanilla sponge cake
A Fresh Fruits Birthday Cake for Mum
Recipe for Traditional Sponge Cake
For 1 9-inch round mould
( I used a 81/2" springform cake pan)
150g caster sugar
(*Optional 1 tsp vanilla essense or other flavoured paste as desired)
120g flour (I used Top flour)
80g Melted butter
1) Whip (A) till light & fluffy.
2) Fold in flour till wel mixed.
3) Stir in melted butter untilwell incorporated.
4) Grease cake mould & pour batter into the cake mould.
5) Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 30-45 minutes.
1) Whip sugar & eggs.
2) Melt butter.
3) The sugar & eggs should be whipped till light & fluffy. Notice that colour has turned to pale ivory.
4) Fold in sifted flour into the mixture by writing the figure '8' using the spatula.
5) Stir in the melted butter & mix well. There is a tendency for the melted butter to sink to the bottom so make sure that you mix the mixture at the bottom well.
6) Pour the cake batter into a grease cake tin & baked in a pre-heat oven of 180 degrees celcius for 30 mins. The skewer should come out clean.
7) Remove the cake from the acke tim & cool on a cooling rack.
Cake is really nice & soft. For storage in the fridge, keep in a air-tight container, like a Lock & Lock, to retain the moisture of the cake. The cake was able to stay quite soft even when it was used to make an ice-cream cake.
* The batter can also be used to make cupcakes. Just reduce the baking time.