Confession- I have not bake for quite some time... Anyway, suddenly felt like having some walnut cake and decided to look for a recipe and bake one. Found the recipe from Alex Goh's Book on Cakes. Asked hubby if he would like some cake but he said no. Nevertheless, I still decided to go ahead and bake it. I'm glad that I managed to bake it as it was just right. According to hubby, it was the best cake I've baked so far. Hmm... but then he always seems to be saying the same thing :P
For me, the texture of the cake is quite smooth and soft. The sweetness of the cake is just right. I will definitely use this recipe again :)
Recipe for Walnut Cake (Adapted from Alex's Goh)
Makes a 6-inch round cake
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp milk powder
80g chopped walnuts
50g chocolate chips
Additional walnuts to decorate the top of the cake
1) Cream (A) till light. Add (B) and whip till light and smooth.
2) Whip egg whites in an oil-free bowl till foamy. Add in sugar slowly and continue to whip till stiff.
3) Mix the 2 batters till well blended.
4) Fold in the flour and mix well.
5) Add in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
6) Pour into a greased cake tin. Place some walnuts over the top.
7) Bake at 180 d.c. for about 40 minutes of till skewer comes out clean.