Thursday, September 17, 2009

Search for the Perfect Butter Cookie I

Have been looking for the perfect butter cookie recipe. This was my first attempt. Found the recipe on Allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Melt---In---Your---Mouth-Shortbread/Detail.aspx. As you can see, it's more of a shortbread. But what's the difference anyway? Reviews of the recipe include "OMG! They really melt-in-my mouth!" "They're so good & easy to make.", etc... So I went to put the recipe to the test.

The dough or rather the batter was so soft! I used a piping bag and a flower tube to pipe out shapes for the cookies. After baking, it spreads out quite a bit & the cookies became quite thin & flat. I left them to cool a while on the baking tray before removing them. I was really careful after reading all the reviews that the cookies break really easily. They're right. They were really crumbling all over. Taste wise, they're really rich & buttery. The proportion of butter used in the ingredients is so high.

Anyway, after painstakingly arranging them nicely & carefully in a glass bottle so that I can pass the cookies to my mum, I placed the bottle into a paper bag. Guess what happened then? The paper bag gave way & the glass bottle of fragile cookies dropped onto the floor! Fortunately, the glass bottle didn't break, but the cookies did!

So guess I need to look for another recipe...


Melt-In-Your-Mouth Shortbread before baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails