Thursday, September 17, 2009

Butter Cookie III using Cookie Press


Butter Cookies In a Bottle

Borrowed " Betty Crocker Baking for Today" from the NLB 2 weeks back & found this "Classic Painbrush Cookies" recipe. With a note that says "...powdered sugar, giving the cookie a light, airy texture & yummy butter cookie flavour.", how could I resist trying out this recipe?

I did some adjustments to the recipe & the dough was not firm enough to be rolled out for me to use my cookie cutters. So I quickly change plans & took out my cookie press. I've bought it quite some time back & now finally got a chance to play with it :) The original recipe states that baking time is 7-8mins but I had to extend it, think my oven is 'cool'.

Taste wise, my hubby whose not much of a cookie eater, gobbled up 6 pieces at one go after I almost have to beg him to try the 1st piece. He only managed to mumble "Mmm... Nice..." So I guess, this recipe works.


Baked Butter Cookies (using cookie press)

Anyway, this is the adapted recipe that worked for me.

Adapted Recipe to Butter Cookie
(makes about 80 cookies)

Ingredients:
(A)
225 g butter, softened
100g icing sugar
50g caster sugar
(B)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
(C) Sift
320g top flour/all-purpose flour
1tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar

Method:
1) Cream (A) till creamy & colour lightens.
2) Add in (B) & cream well.
3) Fold in (C), half at a time.
4) Cover the dough & place in the refrigerator for 2-3hrs.
5) Use cookie press & press out cookies on greased baking sheet. Leave space for expansion.
Alternatively, you can roll the dough into small balls and flatten them down using a fork.
5) Bake in preheat oven @180 degrees for 15 minutes or till the cookies have turned slightly brown.
6) Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a while before cooling them on a cooling rack.
7) Store cooled cookies in an air-tight container to keep the cookies crispy.

Still looking for a butter cookie recipe so that I can play with my cookie cutters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails