Tonkatsu (Breaded Pork Chop) with Japanese Curry Bento
Recipe for Breaded Pork Chop
2 pieces of pork chop
marinade in: soyasauce & pepper
1/2 cup all purpose-flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of bread crumbs
oil for deep frying
1) Marinade pork for at least 30 mins.
2) Coat pork in flour, then in egg & finally in bread crumbs.
3) Heat oil in wok & deep fry pork till a nice golden brown.
4) Dish up and remove excess oil on kitchen paper.
5) Cut & serve hot.
Japanese Curry Cubes
Japanese Curry Sauce Mix
1 Japanese Curry Sauce Cube
250ml of water
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
1 potatoe, peeled & cut into small cubes
* You can add almost anything u like: meat, vegetables.
(I added hotdogs as I had some leftovers from breakfast.)
1) Heat up 1 tbsp oil in saucepan. Saute onion till fragrant.
2) Add water, then potatoes. Boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
3) Add other ingredients as desired.
4) Add curry cube. Stir occasionally and mix well till gravy becomes thick.
5) Serve hot.