A sweet Chinese dessert, good warm or cold.
Beancurd Skin with Gingko Nuts Tong Sui
Recipe for Beancurd Skin with Gingko Nuts Tong Sui
1 packet/100g of beancurd skin (especially for dessert)
1/2 cup white pearl barley
1 packet of gingko nuts (bought a packet from NTUC, 80g without shells & skin)
(*halved, remove core & blanch in hot water)
1 egg, beaten
rock sugar/ sugar
2 litres of water
a stalk of pandan leaves, tied in a bundle
1) Wash barley & put in pot with water. Bring to boil, lower heat & slightly open the pot cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
2) Add prepared gingko nuts.
3) Break beancurd skin in package into smaller pieces. Soak for 5 mins or till soft. Drain water & add the beancurd skin to the pot.
4) Add pandan leaves. Simmer for 20-30 mins.
5) Add beaten egg slowly into the pot, stirring the soup at the same time.
6) Add sugar to taste.
7) Serve hot or cold.