Recipe for Itek Tim
half a duck, chopped into pieces
2 litres of water
a packet of pickled mustard greens, 400g
(I bought a packet from NTUC, not too salty, so I just rinse & didn't soak.)
6 preserved salted plums
2 thumb-sized ginger, slightly smashed with chopper
4 pcs of assam skin
4 tomatoes, cut into halves
1 tsp white pepper seeds
1) Blanch duck in boiling water & drain.
2) Bring another 2 litres of water to boil. Add ginger, salted plums, asam skin & duck. Simmer over low heat for 45-60 mins.
3) Add pickled mustards green & cook till duck is soft & tender.
4) Add tomatoes & simmer for 5 mins.
5) Add additional seasoning of salt if necessary.
6) Serve hot.
* If you have a thermal pot, just put all ingredients together with water & bring to boil for 20 mins. Then place pot in thermal pot. Do this in the morning b4 leaving for work. And by the time u reach home, the pot of soup with tender duck meat is ready. Just heat up & serve.