Monday, October 19, 2009

Durian + Chocolate = Fatal Combination?

When I baked the durian cake for Jerome' birthday, I had extra batter for a small sponge cake...


Sponge Cake with Fresh Durain Bits

I decided to cover it with chocolate ganache... & dusted some icing powder...


Durian Sponge Cake Covered in Chcolate Ganache

Jerome & I were enjoying the cake when he suddenly recalled reading about a girl who actually died after eating durians & chocolates together a few years back. I don't recall such an incident but to err on the safe side, we had to throw away the rest of the cake :(  I tried to look for some information over the net about whether there was such an incident but I can't find any relevant information.

Anyone else heard of such a thing? Eating chocolates & durians together is fatal?

Well, Jerome & I ate some & yes, we're still alive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails