Chocolate Cream Puffs
Recipe for Chocolate Cream Puffs
(makes about 36 pieces of small puffs)
For the Cream Choux Pastry:
(A) Sift together
120g plain flour
1 tbsp icing sugar
75g butter, cubed
3 eggs, beaten
1) Heat water & butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat to melt butter. Bring to a boil & remove from heat.
2) Add the flour mixture to the mixture & mix well until a smooth dough is formed. Transfer to a bowl & leave to cool.
3) Gradually mix in the eggs into the dough with an electric mixer to make the cream choux pastry.
4) Pipe the pastry onto the baking sheet.
5) Bake in the oven @ 200 degrees for about 30 minutes or until puffed & golden.
6) Make a hole with a chopstick at the top of the puff & leave to cool on the cooling rack.
Chocolate Cream Filling:
300ml whipping cream
2 tbsp drinking chocolate powder
7) Whip the cream & chocolate powder until stiff.
8) Piped the chocolate cream into the puffs through the holes made earlier with the chopstick.
100g semi-sweet chocolate chips
9) Melt the chocolate chips using the microwave or in a bowl over hot water.
10) Dip the filled cream puffs over the melted chocolate covering the top.
11) Serve the chocolate cream puffs chilled.