Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Oven

This is my humble oven that I use for baking cookies and cakes :)


Jerome bought it a couple of years back. The in-built oven in the condo kitchen was spoilt as I didn't use it often enough. The repair guy came and said that we need to change the heating element in the oven and that cost a few hundred dollars. Of course we didn't change it as I didn't use the oven often then. But I've always thought that an oven is an essential piece of equipment in the kitchen. Well, at least for me. On the other hand, I don't have a microwave at home. Had wanted to get a smaller oven, but Jerome kept saying no as I don't really use it.

Then on my birthday, when I returned home from work, Jerome said he got me a big present and led me to the guest room. There on the bed was a huge box covered by the blanket. There was a 'birthday card' right on top. It was an A4 piece of white paper with "Happy... Birthday, Babe!" written with a black marker. He was grinning and wanted me to guess what he got for me...

I looked at him, smiled and said without hesitation, "An oven." 
He said I know him so well...
I thanked him for getting me a present that I wanted...

I like my oven. It has served me well. It's still in very good condition. 

I like it... but not really as a birthday present... 
Ermm.... it's like the rice cooker is spoilt, your husband bought a new one and said it's your birthday present...

I've been telling him that I like a Cuisinart Kitchen mixer. 
Now I doubt he's gonna get me one for my next birthday. 

Life's not perfect, but it's still good...

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails