Double Lotus: Lotus root and lotus seeds :)
Double Lotus Soup (Serves 2 to 3)
300g of meat (pork or chicken)
1 litre of water
a pinch of salt (optional)
1. Parboil the meat to remove the scum.
2. Put all the ingredients into a pot.
3. Bring to a boil on low heat. (Meat will be tender if cooked using low heat).
4. If using a thermal pot, boil for 20 minutes before transferring to thermal pot.
(The residual heat and the thermal action will ensure further cooking)
5. Add salt to taste before serving.
Lotus roots help to release fatigue & improve imbalance of the nervous system.
Lotus seeds nourish the spleen, improve digestion, prevents diarrhea, strengthens the kidneys and have astringent properties.
Red dates help to release anesthetic toxins, protect the liver, reduce pain after surgery, improve pale complexion and coldness of the limbs.