Was busy baking cookies yesterday and didn't have much time to prepare dinner so I baked teriyaki Chicken thighs in my smaller oven while the bigger oven was baking the cookies. So easy to prepare, and simply yummy...
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Thigh
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs (Serve 2)
2 chicken thighs (I used 3, cos it's so yummy, 1 is not enough for Jerome)
Marinade for a few hours (best overnight) in
3 tbsp light soya sauce
3 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp brown sugar
1) Preheat oven to 160C.
2) Put chicken thighs on a baking tray with skin face down.
3) Bake for 20 minutes. Brush additional marinade in between baking.
4) Turn the thighs over to bake the other side of the chicken. Brush on additional marinade as well.
5) Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
6) Serve with boiled vegetables and baked potato.
I used Holland (they're really from China) potatoes yesterday and they're so sweet that I didn't have to add any other dressing, like sour cream or bacon bits. We enjoyed them plain.
Wash the potatoes clean and rub some vegetable oil all over the potatoes.
Use a skewer to prick a few holes all over the potatoes to release steam in the potato and aid in the baking process.
Preheat oven to 200C and bake the potatoes for 15 minutes before turning down the temperature to 160C to bake the chicken together. This give the potatoes a head start to bake.