Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pineapple Tarts

Mum gave me a bottle of her homemade pineapple tarts, like she always do every year before Chinese New Year...


When we had dinner last Saturday, My mum-in-law also gave me another homemade bottle that she bought.

So now I have 2 large bottles of pineapple tarts that Jerome & I won't be able to finish on our own... not to mention all the other goodies that I've baked and mum has baked!

But being a little crazy & 'passionate' about making my own CNY goodies, I went to buy two pineapples, determined to make my very own pineapple jam so that I can make some pineapple tarts too!  The skin of the pineapple were already cut when I bought them from the supermarket. I just had to cut out the eyes...


And gated them by hand into this pulpy looking mess... As this was my first attempt, I didn't know how this should look like but it's surely too much juice. Keeping my fingers crossed that my pineapple jam will finally appear...


Half an hour later, Hubby looked at my pineapple 'porridge', shook his head and said, "Are you sure this is pineapple jam? I don't think it's going to make it." I'm also starting to doubt it...


 Finally, 2 hours later, my pineapple jam happened!


After cooling it, I rolled the jam into balls using a teaspoon to measure the amount.

 Cloves standing by...

Pineapple tarts before baking...

Baked pineapple tarts. Looked kinda pale as I've added too much water to the egg yolk for the egg wash.


So here it is, my first attempt at pineapple tarts, from scratch! 


As I've used an equal amount of dough to pineapple jam, the crust was quite thin...


 Honestly, I'll have to say the pineapple tarts made by my mum and those bought by my mum-in-law are better than mine, Hey, but this is my first attempt! So I think I've done well :) (Give myself a pat on the shoulders.)

Not going to post the recipe here cos I've found another one much better than this which I'll write about in my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails