But I've only made 3 bottles for own and family consumption only. :)
Crunchy Almond Cookies with loads of almond flakes!
A bottle of almond cookies ready for Chinese New Year!
Yes! I finally did it! :)
Recipe is from Yochana's blog on white almond cookies.
I find the cookies a bit too sweet. So the next time I bake them, I'm going to reduce the amount of icing sugar used.
Recipe for White Almond Cookies (Adapted from Yochana's)
(makes about 80 cookies)
80m icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
100g toasted almond flakes
a little corn oil if dough is too dry
1) Cream shortening with icing sugar till creamy.
2) Add in plain flour, cornflour, then the roasted almond flakes.
3) Add in additional corn flour if dough is too dry.
4) Once dough is easy to handle, chill in fridge for 30 mins.
5) Roll into 1cm thick and use round cutter to cut into rounds.
6) Transfer cookies to baking tray and bake at 180 d.c. for 25 mins.
7) Cool cookies on cooling rack before storing in an air-tight container.
Going to attempt pineapple tarts next!