Sunday, January 30, 2011

Best Pineapple Tarts

After my first attempt on pineapple tarts, I stumbled into Anne's blogpost on her pineapple tarts which referred me to Wendy's blog on her "Best Melt-In-Your-Mouth" Pineapple Tarts. With her very detailed 'documentation', pictures, instructions and the rave reviews, I've decided to give pineapple tarts another try. Of course, hubby thought that I must be out of my mind. We've already 3 types of pineapple tarts!

The 3 pineapple tarts we have: (from left) made by mum, bought by mum-in-law& my first attempt.

Nevertheless,  I went on to buy another 2 big pineapples!


And made more pineapple jam... I actually halved the amount of sugar as we didn't like the pineapple jam too sweet. I just hope that the mould will stay away until we've finish eating the tarts.  According to Wendy, the sugar also acts as a preservative. I've also used cinnamon powder instead of a cinnamon stick.

Next, I made the dough and followed her recipe closely. The dough was really soft as compared to the dough from my first attempt. The additional ingredients of cream and creamed cheese made the dough really soft. I wonder how this is going to wrap up the pineapple jam. I let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 mins.

While I rolled the cooled pineapple jam into balls....


 This time, I doubled the amount of dough used. Double the amount of dough as compared to the pineapple jam.

Hubby took a bite and proclaimed that this is the best pineapple tarts he had eaten- better than the ones bought by his mum and better than the ones baked by my mum!  All of hard work paid off :) He said I can sell them. But I told him it's not worth the effort. I've spent about 6 hours just to make 3 bottles of pineapple tarts. Well, you can say it's much easier to buy. But well, I had fun and I don't think I can buy a bottle of pineapple tarts outside that's this good. :P 

Look at all the fibre in the pineapple jam. I've grated the pineapple by hand. 
Mum-in-law said this is real pineapple :P
(Is there fake pineapple?)

A bottle of pineapple tarts ready for CNY. 
Just hope it'll still be around till then :)

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love pineapple and there is so much of the sweet, tasty fruit around at the moment and I can't get enough of it! Will definitely be giving these a go I think. Thank you :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails