Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Portuguese Egg Tarts

This has been on my "To Do List" for the longest of time -Portuguese Egg Tarts! I do love to eat them! The reason why I took so long if I make 20 tarts at a time, how is Jerome & I going to finish everything on our own when Jerome already said that he doesn't like egg tarts... and of course, the folding of the puff pastry seems to be quite challenging.

Hence, when the everyone's coming for tea last Sunday, I grabbed the opportunity to finally make them. I have my guinea pigs :P And thanks to You Tube, I managed to see exactly how to make the puff pastry.

I used the recipe from Alex Goh's "Irresistible Pastry" and I still had leftover puff pastry.

Portuguese Egg Tarts Hot from the oven...


A closer look at the not too beautiful tarts...
I need more practice...


Caramelized Egg Custard


Flaky Puff Pastry & Soft Egg Custard...
Thinking of having some again :P

I'm glad that the egg tarts tasted better than they looked. Even Jerome changed his mind about egg tarts. He loves them now :) Well, maybe just for Portuguese Egg Tarts. I should be making them again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails