Monday, August 23, 2010

Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah

Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah- The Best Sweet & Salty Tau Sar Piah (TSP) in Town!

It's been years since I last had one and I'm always thinking about it whenever we happen to pass by Balestier area or when we have an average tau sar piah or the Malaysia version.

Last Saturday, Jerome and I were in the area and went to a coffee shop nearby for lunch before going for my TSP. And they are still as good as I remembered :)

Address: 639 Balestier Road, located right at the corner
Mon–Sat & PH: 8am – 4.30pm
(Closed on Sundays)

Sweet & Tau Sar Piah, Egg Tarts, Cream Puffs all selling for $0.60 each.



A long queue for the TSP, fresh from the oven...
And everyone buys a few boxes at a time!

Traditional tables and chairs at the confectionary... 
Great to enjoy your coffee and TSP :)

Workers rolling the pastry skin here...
You get to see them work as you queue...

I bought 5 boxes of 10 pieces :P
Of course I didn't eat all! I gave 4 boxes away, leaving only 1 for myself...
Should have bought a few more boxes!

Crispy buttery pastry skin with smooth and tasty tau sar paste filling (taste more like lotus filling to me). Perfect! Best when it's still warm and fresh from the oven...
Still good and crispy a few days later... if you manage to save some...
 Maybe I should go learn and make some myself soon...
But at $0.60 a piece, it's more economical to take a bus and buy a few boxes!

A little about the history of the Singapore Tau Sar Piah here on I eat. I shoot. I post.
Check out the competitions in the neighbourhood here.

2 comments:

  1. Did u notice the scarily thin back of the woman in the 2nd pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, nope I didn't notice it until u pointed it out. Yap, it look scary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails