choux pastry puffs shells
choux pastry eclairs shell
Recipe for Choux Pastry
(makes about 20 puffs and 30 eclairs)
1 tsp sugar
a pinch of salt
1) Bring water to boil. Add butter, sugar and salt.
2) Stir well until butter has melted.
3) Add flour and mix to form a smooth paste.
4) Use the electric mixer to beat the smooth paste till it's lukewarm.
5) Add egg 1 at a time, beating well with each addition.
6) Place batter into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle (Wilton #21). Pipe desired shapes onto a greased pan.
7) Bake at 200dc for 20-25 minutes.