Baked Teriyaki Chicken with Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
Served with Whipped Potato & Vegetable Salad
Just to fulfil my hubby's craving & appetite, I baked them again. This time, 2 chicken legs for him! I baked at 160 degrees & the skin chars a bit. So should stick to 140 degrees.
1) Marinade 2 chicken legs with Kikoman Teriyaki marinade overnight. Be generous with the marinade (maybe about 5 tbsp).
2) Preheat the oven to 140 degrees/low heat. Place chicken on baking tray with skin side down.
3) Bake for 15-20 mins. Brush some remaining marinade before turning chicken to the other side.
4) Repeat the brushing of marinade after 5 mins.
5) Continue baking until chicken is cooked. Use skewer to prick the flesh & check.
Pan Fried Teriyaki Chicken in a burger (with own Teriyaki Sauce)
This time tried to make my own Teriyaki Sauce. And instead of baking, use stir fry instead.
Hubby still love it. Seems like he couldn't get enough of Teriyaki Chicken :P
2 chicken thighs with skin (boneless)
3 tbsp mirin
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
1) Remove excess fats from the chicken thigh. Marinade chicken thighs with mirin, soy sauce & sugar for at least 30 mins. I left them overnight as the burgers are for breakfast :)
2) Remove chicken thighs from marinade. Leave the marinade aside. Add 3 tbps of water to the remaining marinade.
3) Heat oil in pan & place thigh with skin side down. Turn over when browned.
4) When chicken is cooked, pour the marinade sauce (from (2)) into the pan over the chicken & cook till sauce thickens.
5) Teriyaki Chicken Thighs ready to be served in whatever manner (burger, Bento, Western style, etc).