Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Yule Log Cake



Wishing all a Very Merry Christmas! Here's my first attempt at baking a Christmas Yule Log Cake! :) Baked the cake yesterday complete with the frosting and just added the decorations this morning. Going to bring the cake to Jerome's brother's home for dinner this evening. I had great fun making making the cake. I just hope it'll taste good too!


My first Christmas Yule Log Cake

Classic Chocolate Swiss roll with chocolate cream filling and chocolate butter cream frosting.
Cake board is covered by royal icing and a layer of icing powder to resemble snow.
Trees are made from melted white chocolate, tinted with apple green.
Snowman, snowflakes & mushrooms are made from gum paste.










3 comments:

  1. That's a very beautiful cake! I love it! You're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the generous compliments :)))
    I'm just glad that it looks okay and taste yummy for a first attempt :)
    Miss baking...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails